RESOURCES FOR LIFE AFTER ECT Treatment
Life After ECT Resources
ECT Side Effects
REHABILITATION After ECT
- Comprehensive Neuropsych and Rehabilitation Assessments for ECT Recipients
- Headway – UK Brain Injury Organization
- Home | Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association (noravisionrehab.org)
- Litigation Page
- ECT Lawsuit Victory – California, 2018
- ECT Device Manufacturer Acknowledges Brain Damage as a Risk of Electroconvulsive Therapy regulatory update
- acknowledging brain damage as electroshock risk
If you or a loved one is facing forced electroconvulsive therapy MindFreedom may be able to help.
- MindFreedom Shield is a support network created to protect peers from forced psychiatric treatment.
ECT RESEARCH & RELATED STUDIES
ECT WEBSITES & BLOGS
- ECT Statistics Website
- Shocked! ECT – This site is a comprehensive collection of information about ECT, electroconvulsive therapy (aka electroshock, shock therapy).
- ECT Stories
- First Person Project – a collection of positive and negative ECT accounts.
TMS SIDE EFFECTS
FDA & ECT
Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal & Akathisia Resources
Many go through several unsuccessful psychiatrics drug trials before ECT is recommended. Few are educated in-depth about risks and side effects of drug therapies. Those continuing drug therapy while undergoing electroconvulsive therapy may experience withdrawal when briefly taken off medications with anticonvulsant properties to ensure a seizure is produced with treatment. The following resources to help patients better understand drug treatment efficacy, limitations, and risks and how they relate to treatment resistant depression diagnosis, risks they pose while undergoing shock treatment, and resources for tapering off medications safely.
PSYCHIACTRIC DRUG EDUCATION & RESOURCES
Mad in America Patient Resources
Drug Withdrawal Information
- For Parents: Home
- Children : Stimulants, ADHD and other behavioral disorders
- Children: Antidepressants for depression and anxiety
- Psychotropic Drugs in Children and Adolescents